Here’s a closer look
Next, I was on the search for the right potting containers. I tried a couple before I went along with the Styrofoam cups. They’re easy to cut to fit the cupcake carrier, easy to poke holes in the bottom and when it’s time to transplant it’ll be an easy move.
Here’s the list of the things I used for this project.
Cupcake carrier -Dollar Tree
Styrofoam Cups- think these are 16 oz. cups.
Vegetable seeds of choice
First, cut the cups to fit inside the cupcake carrier. I placed the cup inside the carrier and used an X-acto knife (with the help of my son) to score where I needed to cut.
After all the cups were cut to size we poked holes in the bottom of all the cups for proper drainage.
Next, Jala filled all the cups with potting soil.
The tedious part about this project was allowing the kids to choose the seeds they wanted to plant. Good luck with that! Make sure to read instructions on seed packets and plant as suggested.
As each of the seeds were planted in their cups, I labeled each one as we went along. I removed a small portion of the backing from the label to wrap it around a toothpick. Don’t fret! If you don’t have a labeler, use a marker to write on the cups.
Lastly, water each cup and cover with the top.
Now, we watch the plants grow 🙂
- [Image]: http://blog.helpmamaremote.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/wpid-20140503_193738.jpg
- [Image]: http://blog.helpmamaremote.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/wpid-20140503_181636-1.jpg
- [Image]: http://blog.helpmamaremote.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/wpid-20140503_182653-1.jpg
- [Image]: http://blog.helpmamaremote.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/wpid-20140503_184159-1.jpg
- [Image]: http://blog.helpmamaremote.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/wpid-20140503_184147-1.jpg
- [Image]: http://blog.helpmamaremote.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/wpid-20140503_185504-1.jpg
- [Image]: http://blog.helpmamaremote.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/wpid-20140503_193204-1.jpg
- [Image]: http://blog.helpmamaremote.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/wpid-20140503_193156.jpg
- [Image]: http://blog.helpmamaremote.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/wpid-20140503_193256.jpg
- [Image]: //www.pinterest.com/pin/create/button/
- : http://blog.helpmamaremote.com/author/
- More Posts: http://blog.helpmamaremote.com/author/
- 0: #