Monday I took a trip to one of the local thrifts in the area for their 1/2 off day. Found these beauties. Not sure if they’re vintage ashtrays or current.
The first thought that came to mind was to make Oriole Feeders. One for oranges & one for jelly.
So far they have a feeder for oranges I hang from the tree and they have the nectar available too. For some reason they’re not a fan of it. I’ve seen the male Oriole eat from the suet that I have for the Woodpecker. The female comes daily to eat the oranges and if the male is coming more often, I don’t get see him.
To pull this project together I used some beads and rope from Home Depot. Pretty simple and took me a few minutes per dish.
I absolutely love the way they came out. Sad to say that now I don’t want to fill them. LOL I’m having trouble with ants and flies eating the oranges. As soon as I get control of the ants I’ll see what I can do about the flies. Hopefully I’ll be able to fill it soon. I’m sure by then the Baltimore Orioles will be long gone. But seeing these beauties fly in the wind satisfies my heart 😉